Wednesday 18 January 2017

Happy New Year 2017 Everybody !


Happy New Year 2017 .... and I,m off to a lousy start with a rotten cold and ear infection . So forgive me I,ve been in slipping in and out of  hibernation .
I was aware of something banging during the night and on investigation in the morning found that husband had left the porch door swinging open  ..lucky there hasn't been much more than a gentle breeze or it could have come off it's hinges...any way I gave him a good telling off  !  :)


The sun is shining here in Mullion this morning ..aah..sunlight streaming into my porch..doesn't it make you feel good ..and I notice that my Schlumbereras are beginning to flower .


 No sign of my Saffron bulbs flowering ,so I think that I will just add a little bit more gritty compost around them to bulk them up and hopefully they'll flower next year .


                                                  Gasterias are doing fine .


Then I have a nervous look around  for spiders , up overhead ,there is often one huge one up there..but wait a minute ...what's that ? !!!


                                                   It's a little bat sleeping !
                             What a wonderful surprise ! Ah ! but now what to do ?


 We decide to fix the door open for today and possibly tonight , so that he can easily fly out and join his friends again out under the ivy up in the pine trees in our garden and under the eves/guttering of our cottage .


                                         Our first Cowslips are flowering !

3 comments:

  1. Your cowslips are early! Mine aren't showing yet, but the first snowdrops are. Is Spring on its way?

    ReplyDelete
  2. We've had bats get into our ouse before, we opened the window wide and then used a screen to guide them outside! Hopefully your bat will fly out on his own!
    - Nancy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nancy , yes if he were flying about he could easily go out through the window we,ve left open..but we are pretty sure he's hibernating . So we'll just leave him be :)

      Delete