Friday 6 December 2013

Making Holly Wreaths


My thumb still sore from whittling  ....what was I thinking doing that yesterday , when I have so much to catch up on with  all the Christmas preparations .
  I always make my own holly wreath and a couple extra to give to friends .
Apart from prickling my poor hands all over..they really are so easy to make .
 I just keep it very simple , tying in two or three long  flexible strands  with string....wire if I have some ... weaving them together ..may be adding another branch or two . Sometimes I add ivy ....this time I just tied on some red  ribbon . ..and a long length of string to tie to the hook on  the door .......


.........or the gate !

The sun was shining this morning , so it was nice to be out in the garden doing a bit of tidying and making holly wreaths .


My broom needed a bit of maintenance , the tarred string I prefer to use doesn't last too long ...... a little gold thread and red ribbon should make it fly faster ..well I,ll give it a try !


                                                 Bibbity Bobbity Boo !


................. and then we switched on the Christmas lights on our little tree in the cottage window ......


......and only seven of the teeny tiny light bulbs came on ..tut... It will just have to do !  : )

2 comments:

  1. Aw - so pretty!
    Liz @ Shortbread & Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  2. hello , hope you have had a lovely Christmas , I am hoping to buy a holly bush for this garden , I always decorated my old house with holly and ivy from the garden , not brave enough to make a wreath , I might have a go next year , happy new year to you , Eileen x

    ReplyDelete