Thursday 13 September 2012

Petopentia natalensis

So whats in the other box ?
  Ooh !  Petopentia natalensis   with a nicely developing caudex  (like me lol ) .
I was a bit worried about the dry dust peat it was growing in and the leaves a little bit droopy  , so after consulting with the nice folk on the British Cactus Society Forum , I decided to repot her into a mixture of the peat she was already in , with some regular potting compost , horticultural grit and vermiculite for better drainage . The roots were actually growing away nice and healthily in the dry peat stuff , but this should be much better and now I,ve put her up in my greenhouse for a few days to perk up , but will be bringing her in to the house for the winter as I cant afford to use the heater anymore in there .

No comments:

Post a Comment